Our company offers wholesale supply of petrochemical product Methanol. Components: methyl alcohol (wood alcohol, carbinol, methyl hydrate, methyl hydroxide) — CH3OH. The compound is a simple monohydric alcohol.
Methanol is colorless and toxic! Furthermore, when methanol is mixed with air, with the methanol vapor concentration between 6.72% and 36.5% by volume, an explosive mixture is formed. Additionally, methanol can be mixed with water and most organic solvents in any proportion.
Methyl alcohol is synthetically manufactured: from carbon monoxide and hydrogen.
Applications range of methanol.
Most often, methanol is used in various industries and production:
- in organic chemistry — as a solvent;
- in production of natural gas — to combat the formation of hydrates;
- in organic synthesis — for the production of formaldehyde, formalin, acetic acid and some esters, isoprene, and others;
- in the paint industry — for the manufacturing of solvents in the production of varnishes;
- as a component in fuel — as an additive to liquid fuels used in internal combustion engines;
- in production of biodiesel fuel;
- for manufacturing of perfumes — as a denaturant additive.
Chemical product methanol is a dangerous, highly flammable liquid. It’s auto-ignition temperature is only 440оC (824оF). In addition, methanol is dangerous to humans because it is a potent neuro-vascular toxin.
Currently, we sell methanol of grade «А» and grade «Б». The technical specifications for each grade are listed in the table below.